Welcome to The Craft Box!
Where Crafting and Thrifting meet!
Do you have some crafting supplies that are still hot commodities but that you just aren’t interested in any longer? We buy formerly loved craft supplies. Below are the guidelines for product purchase at The Craft Box.
An appointment is necessary to schedule a drop-off date in order to get compensated for your items. We will accept a limited number of appointments on dates that are announced on our website and newsletter. You must talk with a Craft box employee to get an appointment. Please limit the total number of boxes or bags to 3, the box size should be about the size of a paper box that holds 10 reams, a 50 quart tub or 12 gallon tub; if you bring in more than you indicated, we may have to refuse those additional boxes or bags.
We take appointments for compensated intakes every other month (January, March, May, July, September and November).
If you do not get an appointment, but have items that are in high demand, such as quilt shop quality fabric or good quality yarn, we will put you on a waiting list.
Please! No dumping or donations left at the building after hours without our knowledge or permission!
- Items that smell like moth balls, cigarette smoke, mildew, or urine.
- Items, containers or packaging that show evidence of pests, dead or alive
- Items that are damaged, soiled or broken, or covered with pet hair
- Wood mounted stamps
- Upholstery fabric
- Fabric cuts less than 1/2 yard unless fat quarters
- All Doll related items
- Books and Patterns
- 1980’s and 1990’s fabrics, appliques or fabric panels
- Household items, finished handmade craft items
- Fabric or yarn that has been stored outside
- Large wood items, office supplies, various craft foam & basket weaving supplies
- Yarn without the wrapper or tag
- Party supplies/decorations
- Ribbon, eyelash and ripple scarf yarn
- Straight knitting needles
- Loose paper
- Craft ink pads (not die ink)
- Rolling storage carts
- PARTIAL sheets of stickers
- Computer based machines like Cricuts
- Tilt Table for sewing machines
- Scrapbooking albums
We look at all items in regards to their re-sell ability as well as the quantity currently on hand. Re-sell ability considers the condition of the item including quality of the item, whether it’s new in package or nearly empty. We conduct market research to determine the item’s current market value using sources like Amazon, eBay, Craigslist and other crafting retailers. Craft items depreciate like a car. You may have paid a lot for it brand new, but if the market demand doesn’t want your item, it influences the re-sale price and whether or not it can be sold. That translates into how much we will pay you. Please understand that we are a Thrift store and based on our re-sale prices, we can’t give you as much as you may like. You may want to try eBay or Craigslist before you bring your items to us. You can call us if you are trying to determine if you want us to take your items. You have the option to reject our offer. If that is the case, you will need to pick up your items within a week of your response.