We are open!
We require all shoppers to wear a fitted face mask (children under 2 years are exempt) and hand sanitize when entering. Our store capacity is 6 people, thank you for your patience!
The Craft Box News & Happenings ~ July 2020
Although 4th of July Celebrations may not look the same this year due
to COVID-19, we hope that everyone has a wonderful holiday!
* We will be closed June 29th-July 6th. Enjoy your Independence Day Holiday week!
* Starting on July 7th, we will be open from 10 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 on Saturdays. We will be closed on Mondays through Labor Day.
* On Wednesdays and Fridays, we have shopping by appointment only in 1/2 hour increments from 10:00-11:00 a.m. for senior and vulnerable customers. Please call the store to schedule your shopping time.
* We are limiting the amount of elastic and interfacing you can purchase so that everyone has a chance to get some. Both items are still in short supply.
* Although the City of Wheat Ridge requirement for face masks has expired, we will still require all persons entering The Craft Box to wear a mask until further notice.
* We will require customers to wash their hands, use hand sanitizer or put on gloves (provided for you) when entering the store.
* To honor social distancing protocols, we limit the number of customers in the store at one time to 5. Please follow the cues provided on the floor for your safety.
Are you crazy for buttons? You will love that all buttons are 50% off in July!
We will have our annual clearance sale from July 20th through August 1st. Come by and check out the bargains!
We will be taking appointments for compensated drop-offs on Wednesday, July 8th starting at 10:00 a.m. You MUST speak to a Craft Box staff member, please do not leave a message. If you have had previous appointments recently, we will only take 2 from the same person in a one year period to keep it fair for everyone who’d like to bring items in. Products we buy
Whether you are bringing a donation or a drop-off for compensation, please inspect your boxes for pests that may have taken up residence. If we find evidence of bugs, moths, beetles or mice, we will immediately discard the items (if donated) or put outside and ask that they be picked up (if for compensation) and we will not accept future drop-offs from that person. Thank you for your diligence and understanding.
Please, no dumping or donations left at the building after hours or without our knowledge. Thank you!e.
We have been asked by The Visiting Nurse Association to make walker bags, catheter bag covers and lap blankets for their clients. We have found a walker bag online that works up nicely here and a volunteer has used Simplicity #2822 view B, we can provide the velcro and strapping needed for walker bags. The catheter bag cover is a simple, lined bag with a strap that can be undone, measuring about 13” x 13”. We have a printed pattern, or design your own. We have D rings for the strap available, along with Velcro for the top closure. We also have fabric from our charity shelves, just let us know and we will provide what you need. As for lap blankets, any pattern or fabric is good, as long as it is machine washable. A nice size for someone in a wheel chair is 36 x 42. At this time, we can’t have a work day here in the classroom but would be happy to provide materials for people to sew at home.
Thanks to everyone who donated food to the Christian Action Guild, it was very much appreciated.
We’re located at:
6191 W. 44th Avenue
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
Our Store Hours are
The Craft Box brings new life to gently used craft items and reduces waste by encouraging creativity through the sale of craft items, promoting community, and providing support through the giving of items, time and talents.