Welcome to The Craft Box!
Where Crafting and Thrifting meet!
The Craft Box News & Happenings ~ December 2023
“May the Spirit of the Holidays be with you throughout the New Year.”
* Please continue to honor social distancing protocols. Everyone has their own level of comfort so please give people space while shopping. If you are feeling ill, please visit us when you’re feeling better to protect our staff from unnecessary sickness.
* We are restricting donations at this time, please call the store before dropping off donations.
* We are phasing out our punch card program. We will punch and honor any cards you have, but we will not be ordering more once they run out. We do have a new bonus card program, when you spend $50, receive a bonus card for $5 off any purchase.
* A reminder that we will be closed when Jefferson County Schools are closed due to weather. If unsure, please call the store before venturing out.
* We will be closed December 24th through Monday, January 1st for winter vacation.
Our Holiday Craft Fair showcasing items from local crafters continues through December 9th! Thank you for supporting local makers!
In December, all Christmas merchandise is 50% off (not including Craft Fair items)! This includes Christmas fabric and panels!
With the passage of the Plastic Pollution Reduction Act (HB 21-1162), Colorado retailers are required to charge $.10 for paper or plastic checkout bags. Although The Craft Box is exempt as a small retail business, we are opting to participate in the program. Part of our mission is to reuse and recycle and we support the efforts to reduce plastic in our environment. Please bring your reusable bags with you when you shop.
December is a no-take month for us, so that we can get caught up with pricing and getting items out. We will taking appointments for compensated intakes on Wednesday, January 10th starting at 10:00 a.m.
Products we buy.
Whether you are bringing a donation or a drop-off for compensation, please inspect your boxes for pests that may have taken up residence. If we find evidence of bugs, moths, beetles or mice, we will immediately discard the items (if donated) or put outside and ask that they be picked up (if for compensation) and we will not accept future drop-offs from that person. Thank you for your diligence and understanding.
Please, no dumping or donations left at the building after hours or without our knowledge. Thank you!
Thanks to everyone who donated items to The (Senior) Stocking Program !
We know that December is a busy month but wanted to let you know that we are once again partnering with the Visiting Nurse Association. Right now, their need is for lap blankets. They can be quilted, knitted or crocheted. Size should be about 36″ x 45″. This will be an ongoing project with the possibility of other items needing to be made.
Please email us at if you know of any charities that we could support with hand made items or craft supplies.
Cathy Hansen’s card class will be back in January. Cheryl with Woman’s Play with be here in January with an Intention and Spirit Doll Gathering. Look for the date on our Facebook page and in our January newsletter.
We’re located at:
6191 W. 44th Avenue
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
Our Store Hours are
The Craft Box brings new life to gently used craft items and reduces waste by encouraging creativity through the sale of craft items, promoting community, and providing support through the giving of items, time and talents.